Wednesday 27 July 2011

Misfiring' Chelsea striker Torres vows 'he will score'


Under fire Chelsea striker Fernando Torres has vowed that he will return to his goal scoring ways, swatting away fears about his form.
 
Torres has scored only once in 18 appearances for Chelsea, raising concerns within the club.
 I will score. We are all trying to be in the best form for the new season. There are big expectations for the new season that Chelsea always have. I have been here six months and I can see the winning mentality they have," Torres was quoted, as saying by The Daily Mail.
"I am 27. I don't forget how to score goals.
 
"It is going to be a long season and now is a time to get ready. My form is OK, like my teammates. We have a new manager and it is time to get ready," he added.
 
Critics have questioned whether the Spaniard, has the ability to help the club win trophies under new manager Andre Villas-Boas.

No comments:

Post a Comment